The easiest and lowest cost way to add TWAIN document scanning capabilities to your web based applications.
Now supports the iMac and macOS Catalina.
Your Document Scanning Toolkit
Developed by Knowledgeone Corporation, the WebTWAIN SDK is a software development toolkit that provides document scanning, image processing and OCR capabiities.
This is the same functionality used by Knowledgeone Corporation in its standard RecFind 6 products and used by thousands of users all over the world, every day. It is stable, robust and proven in the real world.
The WebTWAIN SDK is a browser-based document scanning toolset specifically designed for web applications running on Microsoft Windows and iMac macOS workstations.
- TWAIN specification 2.1 and below compatible
- Supports Auto Document Feeder (ADF) and multiple image acquisition
- Supports duplex scanning
- Built-in wizard mode intelligently manages TWAIN states
- Saves and uploads images as BMP, JPEG, PNG, TIFF, PDF and PDF/A
- Inbuilt OCR functionality available for PDF and PDF/A
Web Browser Support
All major popular web browsers are supported, including:
- Microsoft Internet Explorer 11 or above
- Microsoft Edge
- Google Chrome
- Mozilla Firefox
Developer friendly pricing and licencing
For a single one-time fee, use the WebTWAIN SDK for an unlimited number of users scanning an unlimited number of documents. All you need to purchase is a license per developer.
- An installer with MSI deployment support is provided
- Supports cookie and session integration for HTTP image uploading
Powerful Image Editing Features
- Includes the ability for users to rotate, crop, mirror, flip and redact scanned pages
- Supports image swapping
See it in action
We have made available a demo site (developed in .NET Core) where you can see the WebTWAIN SDK in action. This is a fully functioning system however scanned documents will be watermarked.
Sample Source Code
We have a GitHub Repository available showing you how easy it is to integrate to the WebTWAIN SDK. Go to GitHub now to see the code for the Demo Site.
There is a single upfront fee of $US3,000 per developer license and an optional annual maintenance agreement (after the initial twelve months) of $US600.
The Web Twain Software Development Kit (SDK) comes with:
- all the code you will need to add TWAIN scanner support to your application
- a sample application demonstrating how to call the WebTWAIN SDK
- twelve months of support from date of purchase, and
- twelve months of updates from date of purchase
Unlike similar offerings, only the developer needs to be licensed. There are no restrictions on the distribution of solutions using the WebTWAIN SDK. There is no limitation or additional charges based on the number of installations, number of end users or the number of documents that are scanned.
Please Contact Us to Purchase.
We are happy to discuss any questions you may have.